Halloween season is my all time favorite and this October I have much spook to celebrate:
1. The ECWC is on the way and I shall be in costume at the dinner as…Zombie Audrey Hepburn! I have a little black dress and make up tips from uber cool Leanne Gagnon, make-up artist extraordinaire.
3. The Evil Within horror anthology will release in two weeks! In it, my first zombie story (are we seeing a theme?) “Dirt Nap” will appear.
4. October 17-22nd is Blog Tour de Force “Masquerade” and I found out who I’ll be in costume as! It’s one of the other authors on tour and nope! Not telling who. The week promises to be a ton of fun for readers and authors, too.
5. The Romancing Your Darkside blog tour continues and along the way I’ve been lucky enough to meet some amazing new book reviewers like Nathiel at The Wolf’s Library, Paula at The Phantom Paragrapher and Holly at Full Moon Bites!
6. AND, last but not least, A Love Soul Deep and Enchanted Moon shall be on shelves soon, too! When? I’ll let you know when I have exact dates. So stay tuned…
As promised, the Enchanted Moon (historical fantasy) heroine name contest winner has been voted into the win! But first…
Our song. In honor of hitting the publish button on Wanted (time travel romance) tonight–yes, that’s correct, to-night–here is one of the many songs I listened to while revising Wanted for re-release.
The lyrics capture Samantha’s inner struggle between not wanting to ruin the thin chance of a future with Jesse and the hungry rush she feels over the very real possibility that every time she sees him could be the last.
As Jesse and Samantha lay, limbs tangled, in the afternoon sun, feeling like they’re in a dream, I listened to this song.
And now–drum roll, please–the winner of the Enchanted Moon name that heroine contest:
She shall be known as Ailyn which means moon. Thanks and congrats to Leanne Gagnon!! (I love the other two names so much, I’ll be using the other two for secondary characters, too. Yay!)
Winnings on the way, HOTee!
Thanks to everyone who entered and to everyone for hitting like on my Facebook Amber Scott Books page!
Today I walked my 6 year old to first grade and cried the whole way home. Yep. My lil guy is growing up far too fast on me. For years now, I thought how wonderful it would be to have both kids in school so I could write all day long without distractions and Dora the Explorer yelling at me in the background.
I’m not on my own for eight hours yet but already I can tell, I’d rather be writing with both kids fighting at my feet.
Dove caramel chocolates are helping get me through along with tons of snuggles from my almost four year old.
It’s been one of those months (summers?). *nibble* I’m WAY behind on goals, which for a plotter goal type like me, gives my hives. But I have a ton to be thankful for. Two healthy, amazing children. A super supportive husband. My writer friends who stand by me the whole virtual day through. My non-writer friends who know just when to force me out dancing. (Force, yeah, right.)
Though I’m behind, I feel like a new era is beginning in my writing. *chomp* In part because of the coming re-releases and exciting anthology projects, in part because of the successes of my current list of titles. Whoa! This is where I’ve been long striving to be all these years! Praise chocolate! And, how did that happen? All those baby steps, I suppose, have finally added up to miles of progress.
A few exciting updates on the horizon: Soul Search releases in three short weeks (eARCs on the 15th), Wanted will re-release soon after and the Indie Book Blowout is Labor Day weekend. *nibble nibble nom nom*
Today, I’m going to press pause. I’m going to eat my Dove’s, hugger on my baby girl, pick my son up later with a smile and just focus on being very present in life. A tear or three will probably jerk out. But thanks to friends and chocolate, I will survive. And thrive.
Hugs, Amber Scott